~Novel Lust Cafe ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Novel Lust Cafe ~

Get your Book on!

HomeEventsRegisterLog in

Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder

Go down 
+3
DebraC
Mitzie
*Gabriella*
7 posters
AuthorMessage
*Gabriella*
Agent of Mayhem
Agent of Mayhem
*Gabriella*

Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder Empty
PostSubject: Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder   Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 1:18 pm

Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder Cafe_t10

Hi Everyone! Here are the answers to our first Corner Cafe Talks. For this first round we asked Alanea Alder the author of the Bewitched and Bewildered Series to answer our questions.

Here are her answers...

Thank you so much Alanea, for answering our questions.

1. Where do you get the ideas for your books?

Alanea: I like taking an existing cliché or trope and putting my own spin on it.

2. Do you have an interesting writing quirk you would like to share?

Alanea: My biggest quirk is having pretzels to munch on while I write.

3. Do you also have a writing Kryptonite?

Alanea: If I know I have new episodes in my favorite anime it will distract me.

4. What type of writer are you? Do you spend hours of researching and planning before beginning a book or do you just sit down and start writing? In other words are you a plotter or a pantser?

Alanea: I’m a plotter with pantser moments. I create outlines but once I am writing there are unplanned moments that just happen.

5. A good villain is hard to write. How did you get in touch with your inner villain(s) to write the Bewitched and Bewildered Series. When will you reveal the big villain who pulls all the strings?

Alanea: The villain is the most fun person to write. As for the reveal you will be getting clues in the next few books.

6. Do you find, as you are writing, that your characters speak to you if their story line does not please them?

Alanea: When it comes to writing someone’s story and they don’t like something that’s going on they will stop talking to me. They won’t speak up again until I figure what they want.

7. Of all the characters you have created, which is your favorite and why?

Alanea: Meryn because she’s just fun.

8. Is it you who chooses the covers of the Bewitched and Bewildered series? They are so awesome!

Alanea:Yes

9. Keelan (I'm so in love with him...and his brother.) is one of my favorite characters. I'm waiting for his book. How long do we have to wait? Is his book linked to the big fight against the bad guy or will we get his book soon(er)?

Alanea: Unfortunately Keelan isn’t talking to me at the moment he’s too busy shocking Sascha.

10. All the side characters that were in the previous books, like Sasha (he needs his own book), Oron (please), Jaxon, Noah, Magnus and Rex; will they get their own books and find their mates? I'd love to see them all happy.
These guys have grown on me and I always look if I see something about them in the current book.

Alanea: I write the characters that are talking to me and if they are not talking to me I can’t really do anything.

11. My favourite character in the Bewitched and Bewildered books is Meryn, I love how you've kept her threading through the stories, love how such a little dot can still scare the snot out of Aiden, oh and that she still sends him off on his most important 'missions' .........the tampon buying is my all time favourite scene in a book and still makes me giggle uncontrollably so, my question is....eventually.....do you have a Meryn in your life or is she pulled totally from your imagination?

Alanea: Meryn springs from the things that have happened to me.

12. Oh, who is your favourite Doctor? I have to admit to being a David Tennant fan, although Matt Smith was wonderfully eccentric and Peter Capaldi is outrageously bonkers......uh imo. And don't you think it really weird that Peter Davidson is David Tennants Father-in-Law? That's not really a question, more a comment with a question mark.

Alanea: Each Doctor has characteristics that make me like him. I love them all, even the classic Who.

13. My Defender is going to be released at the end of this month. Can you share your favorite scene with us? (Like a sneak peek...)

Alanea: There are a few scenes where Meryn’s shenanigans steal the show.

14. What question do you wish that someone would ask about your books, but nobody has? Write it out here, then answer it.

Alanea: How is symbolism woven into the overall storyline? I leave breadcrumbs for my readers to find.

15. What are your future project(s)? Also, when will you release the first book/ novella in The Vanguard Series?

Alanea:I will be working on a new series in a new genre. I don’t have a timeline for the novella in The Vanguard Series, the characters are not speaking to me at the moment.

So, if you now wonder where you can get a copy of her books. You can find them at Amazon and books 3-8 are also available at Kobo.

And as if that wasn't enough the first book in her Bewitched and Bewildered Series My Commander is currently on sale at Amazon!!! Hurry, before it ends!

And Book 8 My Defender will be released tomorrow; April 25th 2017!

Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder Redhea10

A gift from Lupa!

Back to top Go down
Mitzie
Royal Inquisitor
Mitzie

PostSubject: Re: Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder   Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Thanks Gabby.  This was very interesting and very nice of her to do.
Back to top Go down
DebraC
Books! I want more books!
DebraC

PostSubject: Re: Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder   Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 pm

Thanks Gabby! Very interesting! tp
Back to top Go down
ChrissieB
You can never have enough books!
ChrissieB

PostSubject: Re: Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder   Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 5:51 pm

Thank you Gabby! This was brilliant but OMG what sort of things happen to Alanea Alder that they gave birth to Meryn? Her life must be very interesting to say the least lh
Back to top Go down
sonia.cristina
Just One more Chapter
sonia.cristina

PostSubject: Re: Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder   Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 2:08 am

Thank you, Gabby and thank you Alanea Alder for taking the time to answer. I enjoyed this, it's awesome.

I'll try to read the first book next month.
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Cafe Muffin
Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder   Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 2:00 pm

A huge thank you for taking the time to speak to us cant wait to start reading :db:
Back to top Go down
sonia189
Tome Gnome
sonia189

PostSubject: Re: Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder   Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 5:29 am

Yes, this was very gracious of her to do. But has anyone else felt her answers were too short?? lol

I'll look forward to read the first book in the following months!
Back to top Go down
http://books-reading-vice.blogspot.pt/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder   Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder Empty

Back to top Go down

Corner Cafe Talks - Alanea Alder
Page 1 of 1